Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 1 of Driving

Day one might well become the long day of driving for the entire trip. We shall see.
My mom and I left her house and our three cats Thursday morning at 708am. We logged 755 miles and arrived at my brother and sister-in-law's house in Ohio at 1130pm. The day was mostly about getting a good jump on the trip and getting to their house for a very brief visit. The plan for tomorrow is to head out to MI and visit friends there over lunch and then head west again. Today's journey took us around Washington DC, through Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and into Ohio. Mom and I stooped in Columbus to visit the daughter of a long time girlfriend (my mom's nursing pal of 35 plus years). The three of us ate at a place called Betty's Kitchen and we all had exactly the same dish; mac and cheese with spicy sausage. It was incredible. The last leg to get to my Brother's house was mostly along one lane roads through rural Ohio. Scary because truckers like to speed down these roads and blast the high beams. We did make it safely thought. I have uploaded some pictures of the first day as well as some other interesting pics. Please go and check them out. Thanks Jake.

No comments:

Post a Comment